Monday, February 9, 2009

Barring Review, a Bar Review – Faulker’s Pub

I recently moved from the Northwest side of San Antonio to the Northeast side. As I was perusing the neighborhood, getting acquainted with my new surroundings, I stumbled upon Faulker's Pub. My girlfriend and I spent Friday and Saturday investigating.

Faulker's Pub is only a few months old, and when one walks into the bar, its age is very evident. The bar is clean and attractive, with a neighborhood feel to it. The Pub does not permit smoking inside, but has a patio to compensate the smoking community. This serves to keep the bar affable to the nonsmokers. The drinks are moderately priced and the bartenders are extremely friendly. When I told the bartend that we were new to the neighborhood, he immediately offered two free shots. The clientele consists of a slightly older group mixed with young adults. I estimate the average age to be around 30, although there were a decent number of 22-25 year olds present both nights. The Pub offers a Super Search JukeBox, two Bar Gaming units, two modern electronic dartboards, and a pool table to help pass the time. The Pub's maximum capacity is 76, obviously a smaller bar, but the mood it exudes is quaint and modern. On Wednesday nights the Pub offers live entertaiment as an acoustic guitar performer covers any song the crowd wishes. Overall, Faulker's is a great place to imbibe with a few friends.

Drink Cost: Cheap to Moderate
Clientle: Friendly
Sketchiness Factor: Low
Cleanliness: Spotless
Staff: Friendly
Grade: A-



No comments:

Post a Comment